Job ID: 2209288Location: SAN DIEGO , CA , US Date Posted: 2022-06-17Category: Information TechnologySubcategory: IT Systems EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: NonePotential for Remote Work: YesDescription SAIC is looking for a Network Engineering Team Leader/ Manager to lead a small engineering team to support designing, analyzing, planning, modifying, and maintaining US Navy Enterprise Pier Connectivity Architecture (EPCA). Work is primarily done at the NAVWAR Old Town Campus in San Diego, CA. The majority of the work will be performed on site, but will allow some remote /flex work. This opportunity is contingent upon contract award, expected in Summer 2022. Specific duties include:
- Oversee technical enhancement on the EPCA system.
- Coordinate technical recommendations on EPCA project plans and technical reports.
- Direct systems engineering, planning, systems configuration, and system integration testing.
- Perform back-to-back and end-to-end configuration and testing of equipment.
- Lead engineering efforts to complete EPCA Network Management System (NMS) design and complete low speed backhaul transport design, testing and integration with ADNS.
- Lead engineering efforts on small form-factor design, testing and integration with legacy pier-side connections.
- Provide technical assistance for network infrastructure set up.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science and nine (9) years or more of related experience- OR - Equivalent knowledge or certifications gained from working on the specific systems listed below
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II is required (Current CompTIA Security+ is required)
- Secret Clearance required
- Must have five (5) years' technical experience with 5 of the following:
- Ericsson/Marconi Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
- Juniper SSGs
- Cisco ASRs
- Cisco network equipment (switches and routers)
- Cisco VPN
- Network Management System (NMS)
- Time division multiplex over Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), ATM over MPLS, Ethernet over MPLS, and Circuit emulation over Packet-switched network Crypto equipment
- VMware, virtualization
- Microsoft Servers
- MACsec Encryption
- Wireless Pier Connection System (WPCS)
- 5 years recent or other relevant experience in the management of Navy C4ISR projects to include financial tracking, task tracking and the coordination of engineering, technical support, quality control and field support.
- Experience leading and managing lower level managers, senior engineers, senior technicians and senior support personnel.
- Experience providing course of actions best suited for future architecture of Navy network based plans for consolidation.
- Experience in shore based enterprise networking equipment system configurations, network infrastructure upgrade and implementation
Network Engineer, Mid
Network Engineer, Senior
Network Engineer Lead