SalaryUSD $35 - $36 per hour 35 - 36 per hour
SourceVolt Services Group
Description:The position of Production Chemist II is within our Toxicology department located in Pomona, CA.The candidate will be responsible for a variety of manufacturing support functions including:
- the operation of lab equipment
- conduct of procedures/tasks according to established GMP with on-going supervision and guidance.
- Adhere to laboratory safety rules
- Read and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to job functions
- Perform the daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance of laboratory equipment and maintain maintenance logbooks
- Manufacture all products via Batch Records and/or Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) following the guidelines for Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance with the Quality System
- Manufacture antibody solutions, drug positive solutions, enzyme-conjugate solutions, EIA calibrators and controls and reagents
- Perform a variety of analytical EIA in-process testing
- Perform daily temperature monitoring
- Perform cycle count monthly and physical count yearly for inventory maintenance
- Provide training and development of newly hired personnel on all the different aspects of testing and laboratory maintenance
- Capable of handling projects and validations outside the scope of regular production
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or Health Care
- 0-2 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory
- Solid use of instruments including HPLC, MS, TLC, IR, UV/vis, NMR and AA.
- Solid documentation skills, familiarity of GMP, GLP. Able to present findings to larger groups.
- Ability to learn how to use and maintain new equipment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Database and laboratory software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project