Job ID: 2207927Location: POINT MUGU NAWC , CA , US Date Posted: 2022-05-31Category: SoftwareSubcategory: SW EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: NonePotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer in Point Mugu, CA. Work will be performed on site, and is contingent upon contract award in the Fall of 2022. The AEA Integrated Project Team (IPT) at Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) has been tasked by the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) to provide software engineering support for the suite of AEA mission planning software components that interface and operate with the Joint Mission Planning System-Maritime (JMPS-M) Framework. The suite of AEA software components consist of the AEA UPC, Satellite (SAT)/Integrated Broadcast System (IBS) common planning component, and the Electronic Warfare Data System (EWDS) which are applicable to the EA-18G "Growler" electronic warfare aircraft, and its predecessor, the EA-6B "Prowler". Additionally, under Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases, the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) is purchasing the EA-18G Software Configuration Set (SCS), including the delivery of the mission planning software that builds the mission data libraries for download to the aircraft. The mission planning software consists of the JMPS with the applicable UPCs. This program will provide program management, system engineering, software and database development, and testing and evaluation, in the area of software requirements, design, development, integration, testing, and training for the suite of AEA mission planning components and the AEA UPC integrated into the mission- planning environment (MPE) for the RAAF and United States Navy (USN). Software Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the detailed design, implementation, and testing of subsystems and system components.
- Maintain the source lines of code (SLOC) metrics and SW development tools
- Perform configuration management of software, create software builds and create software installs.
- Build a wide variety of software subsystems and components efficiently and effectively, given only a requirements specification and constraints.
- Develop and sustain these subsystems and software components in complex, multi-vendor, multi-platform environments.
- May participate and or lead configuration management review boards
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- MA/MS degree
- A minimum of eleven (11) years of related experience in an engineering position.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (Rational ClearCase, Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Subversion) and InstallShield.
- C# experience
- SQL, VMware, CMMI and Scripting (MSbuild, VB Script, shell scripting, batch)
- AGILE environment