SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.The Technology Engineering Department has an opening for a Lead Software Engineer Warehouse Replenishment. This position is located in Pleasanton, California and Vancouver, British Colombia.Position Purpose Albertsons Companies' Supply Chain team has a need for a Lead Software Engineer. This role will be an individual contributor role with hands-on engineering responsibilities to lead Development/Engineering and QA teams in delivering projects that pertain to the Supply Chain Warehouse Replenishment business functions. The candidate will work closely with the IT Director and partner with its peer development team members, other cross-functional IT teams, business stakeholders and leadership team distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton CA, Vancouver, BC and Boise, ID.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical leadership and guidance in architecture and design of solutions in Supply Chain Warehouse Replenishment domain
- Convert abstract business ideas into technical architectures, designs, and implementations.
- Partner with other Engineering Leads and Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solution architecture to implement a quality and stable solution.
- Develop and Deploy applications using organization's technology practices, standards and procedures, including adherence to software design, development and code reviews, as well as security and DevOps/infrastructure standards.
- Define and create reusable application components/patterns from a business and technology perspective.
- Research marketplace for programming trends when required and work with development practices team to standardize them for the project or team use.
- Analyze business processes, fit-gap analysis, inefficiencies and risks to determine appropriate process and system design.
- Optimize and streamline business process with technical solutions.
- Use Agile SCRUM to deliver solutions with high level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and proactively identify opportunities to fix issues.
- Coordinate releases, user acceptance testing with Albertsons project teams, third party application vendors, and business stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring distributed technical teams (on-shore, off-shore and near-shore) through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Foster a culture of innovation in the team and encourage creative solutions.
- Develop strong working relationships at various levels throughout the business and IT community to ensure overall project satisfaction.
- Determine and implement the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- 8+ years of hands-on architecture, design, programming and implementation experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST) using Java, Spring Framework
- 2+ years of experience in application development, capacity planning, systems performance analysis, optimization and running apps in public cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure P).
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS databases like Oracle, DB2, Teradata and/or SQL Server.
- 6+ years of Supply Chain applications development experience is a plus.
- Experience in high-frequency messaging/event streaming platform (MQ, ETL, Kafka).
- Experience in CI/CD processes and tools (PCF, Jenkins, AKS).
- Experience with deployment (Maven, Jenkins) and version control technologies (SVN, Dimensions, GIT).
- Experience with web technologies such as caching, SEO, MVC.
- Experience integrating web applications with security solutions such as single sign on OAM Web gate, federated single sign on (SAML) and Windows Native authentication.
- Experience deploying applications into infrastructure deployment architectures that include DMZ, load balancers, firewalls, IPS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying Reactive patterns.
- In depth knowledge and experience integrating applications across diverse technical platforms.
- Strong ability to visualize the solution at higher level of abstraction using patterns before getting into low-level details.
- Strong ability to decompose business requirements to a technical solution with high-level UML diagrams using design patterns and low-level class diagrams.
- Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative development).
- Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.