Salary$160000.00 - $160000.00 per annum
SourceVolt Services Group
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing and managing EH&S policies, programs and practices.
- Lead development and implementation of Process Safety program(OSHA PSM) in collaboration with site leadership team
- Works in partnership with local site leaders and outside agencies to implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety & reduce organization risks.
- Be a safety leader out on the production floor as well as in the front office to ensure all employees know, understand and execute safe work practices.
- Develops implements and maintains effective systems, procedures and training to achieve and maintain an accident free, injury free, and healthy work environment.
- Plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with the local, state, and federal agencies.
- Be familiar with or be willing to quickly learn; California regulatory requirements in the areas of Storm Water, Waste Water, Air Quality, Hazardous Waste, etc.
- Supervise and manage EHS staff, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and to enhance the company safety culture and employee engagement.
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Ensures the thorough investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure.
- Works with the site leadership team to develop site-specific annual objectives for safety, environmental, industrial hygiene improvements that support these goals, policies and statements.
- Manages regulatory agency, third party audits, inspections, inquiries, contacts and reporting, ensure/oversees annual compliance audits
- Compiles all necessary reports (i.e. incident reports, annual OSHA reporting, etc.) in relation to accidents and injuries. Submits these reports to the appropriate groups/agencies.
- Participate in the design of new laboratories or major revisions of existing facilities to assure proper EHS considerations are put in place
- Conduct investigations of existing and potential safety and health hazards, make recommendations for remedial and corrective measures
- Lead key site EHS programs: emergency response, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs and execute through the local team and external service providers
- Work at a strategic level with strong listening and influencing skills while having the EHS technical expertise to advise and consult at all levels in the organization
- Industrial hygiene
- BA/BS in Environmental Science/Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, or other related fields
- Minimum eight years industry experience in a chemical manufacturing setting. Five years’ experience in occupational health / safety / environmental position in an industrial environment.
- Self-driven and reliable
- Ability to effectively manage your time and projects and to meet deadlines reliably
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multiple levels of the facility and with outside agencies
- Must have a proven record of accomplishment of problem solving skills and developing solutions to produce deliverables and meet timelines.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of organization.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills, computer skills with MS Office applications.
- Process orientated, detailed, logical, analytical, meticulous and highly organized, able to analyze data and implement solutions.