SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Senior Software Engineer II (Marketplace) - FreightCalifornia, Paloalto, 94304 Paloalto USA
About the RoleAs a Backend Software Engineer on Freight, you will create a scalable architecture and implement algorithms in our applications that power our independent drivers, shippers, sales and operations teams to transport freight across the world. You will be developing scalable backend micro-services and partner with Product Managers & Data Scientists to bring Algorithmic solutions to our users. At your disposal will be the tools that helped Uber grow to be a worldwide company, as well as new and upcoming tech from our Compute, Platform and Machine Learning teams.About the TeamThe Marketplace Dynamics team is responsible for building products, algorithms and services that drive pricing efficiencies within our network. The Marketplace Dynamics group works at the intersection of data science & engineering, and develops the decision-making systems to create a healthy central exchange. Alongside our Shipper and Carrier teams, this group optimizes the pricing, matching, and recommendation capabilities across our applications.About Uber FreightUber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way Uber connects riders and drivers. The Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals bringing technologies, algorithms and lessons from Uber's core business into the $700B U.S. Transportations & Logistics industry. Comprised of Uber veterans and newcomers, we are looking for candidates who share our enthusiasm for disrupting today's toughest challenges in transportation. We are a Customer Obsessed team, and care deeply about our users, continually looking for opportunities to improve their lives.Basic Qualifications
- 7+ years of hands on software engineering experience with thoughtfulness of scale, latency and distributed, domain-based architectures
- Experience with one or more of the programming languages (Go, C, Java, Python, etc) and relational and/or object data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc)
- Demonstrated examples of project leadership roles, delivering production-level features from inception, and promoting a high-quality culture amongst the team
- Demonstrated experience easily speaking to the operational aspects of monitoring, alerting, and structuring code for production-level debugging and optimization.
- MS/Phd degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Industry experience working on distributed systems: developing reliable, high performance, highly scalable and low latency software
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles of fault-tolerance, reliability and durability.
- Must be able to multi-task, lead many projects simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization
- Knowledge of the logistics and freight industry a plus
Senior Software Engineer / Python / SQL / Mission Driven