SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking a Lead Ground Systems Engineer to join our team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you will have an opportunity to help us continue as the world leader in satellite systems.Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer and company requirements for development of new and existing satellite ground systems including Satellite Control Systems (SCS), TT&C earth stations (TTAC), Communication Systems Monitor (CSM) and supporting planning tools, Site Communication Systems (SCN) and/or when integrated Gateways of communications and TT&C functions.
- Manage development of the ground system project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Prepare and support ground system project requirement for internal & external groups, vendors, and partners.
- Prepare and support development of Ground to Spacecraft Interface and Ground Software Requirements Documents.
- Prepare and support development of ground system design documents and materials for SRR, PDR and CDR reviews.
- Prepare and support development of ground system operations procedures.
- Prepare and support Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for Turn-key Satellite Ground System subsystem and components including review and generation of procurement Specs and SOWs.
- Evaluate Turnkey Proposals for Satellite Ground System subsystem.
- Review vendor Satellite Ground System subsystem Design and Analyses documents.
- Review vendor Satellite Ground System subsystem Test Plans and Procedures documents.
- Prepare and support reviews of ground system FAT, SAT, and end-to-end Subsystem and System testing and validation.
- Prepare Satellite Ground System hardware, software and analyses.
- or permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering or other engineering-related discipline
- 8 years of experience supporting spacecraft design or operations. A master's degree may be counted as equivalent to two years of work experience.
- Previous "hands-on" RF Communications Satellite Ground System hardware and software design, development, integration, test and operations experience.
- Willingness to travel, as work assignments may include international travel to customer ground system sites and vendor facilities
- Previous experience working with the GMV Ground Software (Hifly and FocusGEO) and/or the KISI (EPOCH and OASYS) in a real-time satellite operations or engineering environment
- Satellite Systems and Subsystems knowledge and operations experience
- Experience with Spacewire spacecraft communication network is also a plus.
- Ability to work independently, and within a team structure, to troubleshoot problems on spacecraft, ground systems, and ground equipment.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines with exceptional quality.