SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Our client Blue Shield of California is looking for a contract Developer to work remotely. Description Are you looking to build your career in Software Engineering and be part of a growing and dynamic team? We've got a great opportunity to be part of a start-up business with the resources and leadership of an experienced Product Development organization. We believe that people are our greatest asset, so the Altais Health Software Engineering team is absolutely critical to the success of the organization as a whole. We are looking for talented software developers to join us in creating cutting edge software products. You will be part of an agile team with the responsibility to produce engaging and innovative products for physicians and patients. You will get exposure to a wide variety of technologies and tools. You will make highly visible and dramatic impact to our customers and will be continually challenged. As a Software Engineer, you will be reporting to the Director of Software Engineering and you will be responsible for development of Altais Health's physician centered software solutions. You are primarily responsible for development of functioning code in both browser and server environments. Responsibilities As a Software Engineer you can expect to:
- Work in a collaborative, team-centric environment utilizing agile principles
- Build software solutions where the problem is often ill-defined.
- Practice test driven development, automate your tests, and take ownership of the codebase.
- Follow leading DevOps cloud practices such as continuous delivery, automation, infrastructure as code, containerization and orchestration.
- Explore new technologies and techniques to continuously delivery innovation to customers.
- Receive mentorship and accelerated learning
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of directly related professional experience and possesses deep technical abilities in full stack technologies.
- Strong communication skills and team ethic. Provide technical leadership to team members.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities. An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Groovy-on-Grails, Python, GoLang, SQL. Object oriented design knowledge. Containerization with Docker a plus.
- Experience developing service or micro-service-based applications.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with cloud development and deployment.
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development. Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), and other DevOps processes is a plus.
- You are passionate about improving the healthcare experience and want to be part of the Altais mission.
- You are bold and curious- willing to take risks, try new things and be creative.
- You take pride in your work and are accountable for the quality of everything you do, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- You are compassionate and are known as someone who demonstrates emotional intelligence, considers others when making decisions and always tries to do the right thing.
- You co-create, knowing that we can be better as a team than individuals. You work well with others, collaborating and valuing diversity of thought and perspective.
- You build trust with your colleagues and customers by demonstrating that you are someone who values honesty and transparency.