VDart Inc is the leading global provider of digital solutions, products and talent management company providing digital technology solutions in Automotive, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Healthcare Industries. Led by a strong global team located across 10 countries including USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, Japan, Australia & India. We are currently accepting applications from staffing firms for our Preferred Partner Program, where we align niche staffing firms with specific verticals based on their strengths. To apply, please visit: https://www.vdart.com/suppliers/ Software Engineer Duration: 12 Months Location: Mountain View, CA Job Description: Responsibilities
- Design and implement client systems that provide next-generation navigation / advanced driver assistance services on in-vehicle computer systems and/or smartphones.
- The client systems involve sensor data processing, driver user interface, interactions with backend cloud / edge servers, etc.
- Design and implement backend cloud / edge computing systems to support the new applications.
- The backend systems involve sensor data collection, sensor data processing, data aggregation and distribution, visualization of system status, etc.
- Collaborate with researchers, trainees, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Create and update documentation of existing testbeds and applications
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 1+ years of object-oriented software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with programming languages (Python, C).
- Experience using containers (Docker, singularity, etc.).
- Knowledge of multithreading, multitasking, concurrent programming
- Experience with network/process communication protocols (like MQTT, ZMQ etc.).
- Experience with ROS, ROS2
- Experience with cloud computing such as Amazon AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- (Bonus) Experience with front-end development technologies (Unity, Qt and/or HTML)
- (Bonus) Experience in some or many of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.
- (Bonus) Understanding of vehicular network protocols
- (Bonus) Experience with developing software for traffic simulators such as Aimsun, SUMO, VISSIM, etc.
Senior Software Engineer