SalaryUSD125,000 - USD135,000
job summary:WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?The Data & Analytics organization is seeking a Data Governance Analyst for the Data Management and Governance function. The individual will play a key role in the implementation of controls across the data ecosystem and will drive data privacy solutions by working cross functionally with Legal, Privacy and Business teams.Technology and Innovation DivisionAs a member of the Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams location: LOS ANGELES, Californiajob type: Permanentsalary: $125,000 - 135,000 per yearwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Support implementation of scalable frameworks, standards and best practices to uphold privacy across our data ecosystem and lifecycle.
- Identifies, escalates, and follows up on data protection issues that require investigation, resolution, and/or legal action.
- Support or develop administration of data privacy and record information management policies and procedures;
- Work with cross-functional areas, IT, Risk, Privacy, Compliance, Data Management, Data Owners and Data Analysts to research and resolve issues.
- Perform data mapping and classification to organize, catalog, manage and structure data
- Partner with legal and privacy teams to operationalize data privacy program in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Partner with engineering and data teams to align compliance requirements for data stores and other deployed solutions. Guide technical and operational requirements from a data privacy and compliance perspective.
- Develop and execute communication, training and awareness of enterprise-wide data privacy guidelines, standards, training, and best practices.
- Develop and maintain data literacy tools, training materials, and playbooks for the enterprise
- Develop governance and monitoring programs to ensure that privacy-by-design is implemented into all facets of data lifecycle
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years' experience with data privacy/compliance, IT security
- Experience working in one or more data management functions including metadata, data quality, data stewardship, data privacy and data governance
- Familiarity and experience working with data privacy regulations.
- Understanding of Data Governance and privacy tools like Collibra, OneTrust and BigID
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
- Experience with metadata collection and data quality related processes and tools will be a bonus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors