Salary$50 - $60
Senior Information Security AnalystCalifornia, Irvine, 92602 Irvine USA
Senior Information Security AnalystIrvine, CA or San Antonio, TX (need local candidates) / RemoteLong Term ContractJob ID 2022-8034Solugenix is assisting a client, a prestigious and large investment management company in their search for an Senior Information Security Analyst. This is a Long Term Contract opportunity based out of Irvine, CA or San Antonio, TX. (need local candidates) / Remote. Summary:Support the execution and maintenance of the cybersecurity risk management framework and process. Responsible for completing cyber risk assessments and partnering with Information Security leadership to set risk tolerances in line with the security requirements. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and applicable work experience.
- 5+ years of cyber security experience or related IT field, preferably in cyber security and risk management.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and a good understanding of Zero Trust Security architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of Zscaler network proxies.
- 3-5 years of network security experience within large-scale operations using BlueCoat Proxy and Zscaler ZIA/ZPA.
- Network troubleshooting experience and experience in TCP/IP and related protocols and with collecting and evaluating HTTPS & TCP/IP dump using Wireshark, HTTP Watch, TCP dump, Fiddler, and/or similar tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills relating to security operations technologies.
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaborative interpersonal communication skills.
- Cybersecurity certifications with CAP and SSCP are a plus.
- Perform traffic analysis in identifying service, source host, and destinations. Validate traffic patterns with the source owners.
- The document approved patterns, and schedule change management records to block unapproved patterns.
- Identify High/Medium/Low-risk traffic patterns for TCP/UDP destinations.
- Assist in contacting the source host owners and determine if the traffic pattern is valid or can be eliminated at the host level.
- If patterns are valid, identify a Zscaler policy that supports the approved pattern with appropriate limitations on sources and destinations.
- The document approved patterns and escalate new patterns to Information Security (InfoSec) leadership for approval.
- Provide strong organizational, project planning, and team leadership and collaboration during the change implementation.
- Take ownership of the Change Management process and communication of changes to all the stakeholders.
- Help the Zscaler team with testing and troubleshooting during the implementation and ongoing operations of Zscaler.
- Work with the IT support teams to establish formal risk owners for InfoSec risks.
- Partner with the business, IT, and InfoSec leadership to determine fit-for-purpose InfoSec policies.
- Monitor and report on assigned business areas' compliance with security policies and enterprise-wide enforcement of policies.
- Partner with assigned business areas and help manage and mitigate risks outside of risk tolerance levels.