DESCRIPTIONJob summaryAre you ready to drive the next generation of personalized shopping and recommendations at Amazon? Do you want to help customers find inspiration across all products related to their interests? Do you want to solve this problem at scale, connecting millions of products and millions of customers across hundreds of interests and product categories? We are looking for people to help us build this vision utilizing the cutting-edge technology in machine learning, large-scale distributed systems, and advanced techniques in creating interactive features to engage with other similarly interested users on Amazon. As part of this mission, we are looking for a Software Engineer to help deliver entirely new ways to help customers connect, shop, and be inspired across a large, multi-faceted organization. You will build the experience that thousands of internal users will use to onboard, configure, and test their integration. Providing transparency of a complex content processing chain in a digestible user interface is no simple task. We're using React, TypeScript, and AWS Serverless technologies for a top-tier developer experience that allows us to achieve this at a blistering pace. You'll have opportunities to build systems and large-scale data pipelines to delight your customers with relevant content. You'll work with CX and ML teams to drive backend service changes that enables new features. You'll use your technical expertise to align teams to coherent technical architectures, anticipate bottlenecks, illuminate pitfalls, and make trade-offs that balance the business needs versus technical constraints. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Mastery of at least one modern programming language such as Java, C/C, Python.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years professional experience in software development.
- Experience building large-scale data mining systems.
- Experience with algorithm development involving real-world noisy data.
- Experience mentoring others on complex technical issues.
- Proven ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to pick up new technical skills quickly.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, and a track record of delivery.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services.
Software Development Engineer III, P13N