SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceMemorialCare / Memorial Health System
Position Summary The Vice President of Information Services provides system-wide senior leadership, planning, and overall management for establishing, implementing and sustaining an enterprise applications and services strategy that is both agile and diligent. Responsible for enterprise-wide use of Epic, Peoplesoft and other critical clinical and administrative systems to support hospitals & clinics, the Medical Foundation, Joint Venture partners and overall population health. These can include data science, risk analysis, research analytics, and predictive analytics. This position is also accountable for advancing the overall organizational maturity and competencies related to all the core applications. To these ends, the incumbent interprets and translates the evolving business of MemorialCare into Information Services needs, seeks understanding and clarity regarding business requirements for solutions, and works with management at all levels to prioritize projects and IS-related service requests.The Vice President of Information Services works closely with the Operational Executive Leadership, other IS and IT leadership and Executive Sponsors to develop roadmaps to implement transformational change which will enable the organization to deliver products and services which are efficient, highly effective, of high-quality and user-centered yielding improved customer and patient experiences. This role is also responsible for the evaluation, development and delivery of innovative and standards-based solutions, technology, products and programs that elevate business transformation, information exchange mechanisms and data service processing throughout the organization. They drive actionable insights and solutions using a knowledge of the contemporary healthcare delivery strategies. This role must maximize delegation of duties and responsibilities among team members to foster effective growth of team leaders. They foster collaborative and productive relationships within MemorialCare entities, technology and service partners within our community that supports these efforts and advancements.Experience
- More than 15 years work experience, specifically in a Healthcare delivery and Operational setting.
- More than 10 years management and leadership experience.
- Solid grounding in core MemorialCare enterprise systems/applications, including Epic and its related modules and infrastructure.
- Experienced in clearly communicating ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences regarding business impacts leveraging narratives, visual storytelling, and lean principles.
- Proven ability to create a clear strategic vision for information services that supports innovative business and strategic objectives and execute on that vision.
- Developed skills in establishing and implementing long and short-range strategic plans, multi-year budgeting and re-forecasting, organizing operations, and general fiscal management.
- Demonstrated team player favoring collaborative approaches; ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships in working with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills; including effective problem-solving, with ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science/engineering, information systems or healthcare related field. Master s degree in healthcare related field or MBA preferred.
- Ongoing certifications or relevant expertise, i.e., Epic, or other Healthcare related applications.
VP, Information Systems