SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceMemorialCare / Memorial Health System
Manager, Healthcare Analytics - Advanced Analytics & DaCalifornia, Fountainvalley, 92708 Fountainvalley USA
The Manager, Healthcare Analytics has responsibility for creating and maintaining analytic operations and strategic initiatives, specifically for advanced/enterprise-wide analytic product development and practical data science. This involves helping conceptualize, create, support and improve clinical, business, and research reporting and support process improvement outcomes across MemorialCare Health System. The role manages a team of analysts and ensures that all development is delivered timely, meets customer specifications, developed efficiently and uses standardized methods and adheres to data quality standards. A strong supporter of standardization and innovation, this manager challenges the status quo.Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 5-10 analysts, ranging from entry level to advanced.Regularly provide feedback and cultivate opportunities for professional development.
- Partner with Healthcare Intelligence leadership to create and support a culture of employee engagement, accountability, innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Develop, monitor, and promote adoption of novel enterprise-wide analytics solutions.
- Work with data scientists to operationalize statistical modeling using advanced technologies and languages.
- Partner with Healthcare Intelligence leadership to develop and monitor key performance indicators.Provide regular feedback to team on progress and hold team accountable to results.
- Drive and promote innovation. Challenge the status quo and applies holistic approach to customer s current and future needs, strategic business direction, and industry needs.
- Develop and maintain a fundamental understanding of clinical and business functions related to operational workflows and the EDW structures needed to drive the analytical strategy.
- Contributes expertise to technology planning, selection, and upgrade discussions and decisions as they relate to data and data management.
- Maintains strong controls related to data quality and integrity and embed this in all delivered products.
- Bachelor s degree in Healthcare Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or similar field is required.
- Five or more years of progressive management and leadership responsibility, specifically within healthcare Information Technology, including in-depth experience with data management, information architectures, and data reporting tools preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, manage, and motivate people to achieve high levels of performance, including other IT professionals, technical staff and vendors.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated use of project planning, budgeting and technology methodologies.
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of along with significant experience with databases, data schemas, SQL and similar reporting systems, data warehouses, common data manipulation tools.
- Expert experience in the development of advanced Tableau-based analytic products.
- Working knowledge of the Epic system architecture, specifically Epic Cogito Project Management, highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Epic Cogito tools (most importantly Cogito), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SAP Business Objects is highly desirable.
- A curiosity and initiative to explore emerging technologies to envision how they might be leveraged within the MemorialCare ecosystem.
- Exposure to Cloud/Advanced Analytics/Data Science technologies (e.g. Azure and Azure Data Factory), Next Generation EDW (e.g. Snowflake), statistical methods (e.g. Random Forest), and languages (e.g. Python) highly desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and deliver projects in accordance with agreed schedules and budgets.
- Superior ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to health information technology issues.
- Excellent written/oral communication, interpersonal and motivational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation and ability to motivate staff in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with electronic health records, health information systems and health care applications.
- Proactive attitude, fast learner, and team player.