SalaryUSD -USD -USD
SourceSunquest Information Systems Inc
Purpose Provides architectural and 'big picture' oversight for all new development and product enhancements. Collaborates with Product Development and Product Strategy group to create software products containing required features and modifications. Provides technical advice to other departments within the company. Identifies and tracks emerging technology trends and advises on the applicability to Sunquest products and associated business impact. Makes contributions regarding system and software architecture, technical direction of product development, technical evaluation of external products, and the development and application of software engineering principles and processes that meet industry standards and applicable regulations. Essential Functions
- Implement new processes, procedures, technology, and tools in order to increase developer productivity, product quality, and performance.
- Enhance current design standards to allow for a phased migration to newer technology and evolve mitigation plans for technical debt risk items in projects
- Designs software modules that will work together to produce desired product and ensures completed modules provide all functionality described by application experts and meet performance guidelines.
- Provides high-level analysis and design reviews to other members and groups within the department to avoid duplication of efforts in solving the same application problem within different products and ensuring designs are robust and scalable
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS & Azure and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent knowledge of software design and implementation.
- Strong analytical capabilities for identifying and resolving engineering tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in directing technical activities and documenting technical issues.
- Demonstratable knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstratable knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation and organization skills
- Must be able to advise, influence and guide Senior Technical staff
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of distributed, fault-tolerant systems with particular attention to security, scalability, high performance, and cost optimization.
- Minimum 5-7 years as a software product architect in the definition and implementation of software architectures within product development.
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership while engaging with product management teams.
- Experience as Architectural lead, from conception to successful market presence, on large distributed systems with high performance demands, ideally for one or more of: enterprise management systems, SaaS, cloud-enabled application development, data management & analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net and Java technology stacks.
- Master s degree in software engineering or computer science or related discipline
- AWS Certification on Solution Architecture Professional/Associate
- Azure Architect certification
- 3 years Healthcare Software Architect experience
- 3 years experience in regulated industry
- No direct reports
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds with assistance as part of office routine
- Travel may be required
- Moderate lifting/carrying 15-44 lbs.; use of fingers; walking/standing 2-6 hours
- Exposure to hazardous materials or various weather conditions
- Travel to client sites that can pose risk associated with healthcare organization
- May be required to follow customer location health and safety requirements
Conversation / Interaction Designer-REMOTE
Software Engineer - Tucson, AZ