SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceProgilisys Solutions LLC
Complete DescriptionThe role of a Senior Systems Engineer to deliver innovative client solutions and strive for operational excellence by installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software, system management tools all while ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. As a more experienced engineer, the Senior Systems Engineer will tackle more complex projects, take the lead on solution design and support less experienced systems engineers. Duties and Responsibilities
- Includes the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Solution Design & Build
- Development of high-level and low-level design documents
- Participate in and lead status, implementation, RCA, and design meetings with clients.
- Handle escalations, resolving issues for less experienced engineers.
- Sourcing and estimating for new implementations and upgrades to existing environments.
- Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Optimization of client and internal environments
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises.
- Assisting with the development of deployment plans and strategies
- Assist with development of configurations standards and documentation.
- Sales Support, as needed
- Process and Standards Adherence
- Provide technical oversight and review of work performed by less experienced engineers.
- Excellent Customer Service
- MSCE/VCP Certifications
- Microsoft SCCM Administration
- Install, Configure, manage, and maintain Operating Systems, includes but not limited to: Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016, VMware vSphere 5.5 to 6.7.
- Experience with DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Active Directory
- Experience with Virtualization and monitoring systems
- Experience with advanced troubleshooting both Virtual Machines and Physical Hosts
- SQL Administration and Troubleshooting
- Ability to Rack and Stack Physical Hosts
- Experience patching Bios and Updating firmware drivers.
- Troubleshooting experience within guest OS
- Experience with Backup Solutions Job Description - Senior Systems Engineer
- Experience with SAN/NAS environments
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience ensuring compatibility and interoperability of OS & hardware for upgrades.
- Proven track record working in team-oriented, collaborative work environments.
- Proven track record with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Experience developing design diagrams and technical documentation relating to system configuration, processes, and service records.
- Nutanix, Veeam, MSSQL experience and certifications
- At least 5+ years of hands-on Systems Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Meeting with and/or communicating with clients.
- Developing technical documentation for solution procedures and/or designs
- Leading solution design discussions
- Completing project deliverables
- Assisting with work estimation and product development
- Developing skills of and providing oversight to less experienced engineers
- Deployment Planning & Strategy
- Deploying and testing systems-related solutions
- Working with technical writers to draft case studies and white papers.
- Leveraging monitoring applications to track and manage infrastructure performance and capacity.
- Participating in an on-call rotation for production support
- Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for operationalized client solutions Limited travel may be required.