SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceRepublic Services, Inc.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for management and administration of Azure both IaaS and PaaS, plus single sign-on (SSO) to all SaaS applications for the organization. This includes responsibilities for developing, monitoring, installing, configuring and maintaining infrastructure hardware and software for the on-premises environments. The Senior Systems Engineer creates and follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving complex infrastructure problems as well as develops and promotes standard operating procedures and policies for the operating platform(s) in their area of responsibility.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and provide day-to-day engineering and operational support for the Azure environment.
- Identifies and installs system software purchases in accordance with Company policy.
- Enhances, maintains, and supports the Azure platform plus various Windows Server environments such as 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016 within the data centers.
- Manages and maintains DNS and domain controllers.
- Administers and maintains at least one complex operating system environment in compliance with all standards and configuration recommendations.
- Writes and maintains custom scripts to increase system efficiencies, lower downtimes, and automate tasks.
- Leads joint initiatives with Information Security due to experience and knowledge around IAM and security protocols.
- Monitors and performs data integrity, backup/restore, capacity planning, and disaster recovery procedures on assigned platforms.
- Provides Tier 2 and 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
- Identifies and leads opportunities to improve telemetry, monitoring, and application/infrastructure reliability.
- Works through root cause analysis and develops remediation plans to improve reliability.
- Serves as a mentor with detailed documentation and training to other systems engineers, Tier 1 and Tier 2 support personnel.
- Assists in the development of project plans for all system software upgrades and infrastructure projects.
- Maintains and manages strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
- Ensures that assets are responsibly and properly managed through life cycle.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 6 years of experience providing high level, hands-on technical support of infrastructure software platform(s) in an enterprise environment.
- Certifications highly desired include: Azure related certifications (MCSE, MCSD, or MCSA), AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate or Solutions Architect - Associate, Citrix CCA-N or CCP-V, and/or VMWare VCA or VCP.
- Experience working with third party applications, tools, and consulting partners.
- Working knowledge of and has experience providing system support for multiple technical platforms on premises and hosted (operating system or middleware service).
- Proven experience testing and implementing security patches release by Microsoft.
- Use of Web API’s and IT automation tools a plus.
- Experience owning certificate management in complex environments.
- Must work well in teams and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity of project management methodologies, ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of Active Directory/Domain Controller configuration, GPO management and application, DNS management, DHCP setup and troubleshooting, and ADFS and AAD configuration and management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Windows and Infrastructure engineering and architecture experience covering server, virtualization, storage, Active Directory, Azure, ADFS, SSO and O365 services.
- Proven scripting skills and experience with PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Proven experience in orchestration and automation of infrastructure processes.
Senior Systems Engineer - Azure
Remote Senior Azure DevOps Engineer