Job Description This is a fulltime opportunity to work with an Arizona based company cemented as a leader in the eCommerce space. They are in need of a strong Director of Engineering to join their impressive leadership team. You will help define software architecture, product execution plans and our roadmap. You will also be expected to lead in a fluid, fast-paced environment while also communicating and collaborating effectively with internal/external customers. You'll work with Stakeholders, the Software Managers, and the SVP to continue improving a collaborative agile software engineering practice! Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in software product development, with a software developer and engineering management background
- At least 4 years' building and leading software engineering teams
- At least 4 years' experience in developing scalable web applications and architectural standards
- Passion for continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality and time to market imperatives
- Proven success in translating business requirements into product plans
- Experience with and a commitment to Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with UX/UI team members as a part of the development process
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills
- Ability to collaborate closely with Product to deliver software
- Experience with AWS Technologies, migrations from monolithic applications to cloud native a plus.
- 7+ years programming experience, preferably in C# (.NET) or Java.
- Creating a collaborative environment for the team
- Implementing best practice engineering methods.
- Managing multiple teams in an agile environment
- Supporting established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies.
- Managing projects by setting requirements, goals, & timelines.
- Shaping the future direction of the software platform
- Designing strategies for future development projects
- Implementing innovative technologies
- Responsible for mentoring and growing the teams under you
- Actively hire, onboard, and build out the engineering team
- 100% Employer paid medical/dental coverage for employees
- Open (unlimited) PTO policy
- 401k with company match
- Employer paid short-term disability, long-term disability and Life insurance
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
Director Security Development & Engineering Principal