Job DescriptionWhat would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensure high quality patient care.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s office and pretest room.
- Understand ocular terminology and diseases and know the ocular abbreviations.
- Explain to the patient the types of preliminary examinations.
- Complete necessary paperwork and perform testing on patients prior to doctor examination.
- Promote visual field testing and retinal screenings to eligible patients.
- Perform exam pre-screening.
- Review prescriptions and/or patient information carefully and identifie special needs. Consult with the optician, Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Ensure equipment, both Doctor’s and pre-test, is properly maintained.
QualificationsAre you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Fluent in reading and speaking both English and Spanish.
- Previous retail/optical experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Multitasking and time-management skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
Additional InformationWhat are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
NVI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medical Assistant - Cert Contingent
Medical Assistant - Immediate Opening