thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education, and supporting early educators through training and consultation.
Statewide Systems Coordinator – Alaska SEED provides development support and implementation of projects and programs for the Alaska System for Early Education Development (SEED) including the SEED Registry, Trainer & Training & Coaching Approval System and Professional Development and/or Compensation Funding
1. Provide support/management of the data base system housing the Alaska SEED Registry, Trainer and Training and Coaching Approval Systems, and Professional Development/Compensation application process, including data entry and portal management, to include:
a. Produce and disseminate Alaska SEED Career Ladder, Trainer Certificates, Training Approval letters, Coaching and Alaska Early Childhood Administrator (AK-ECAC) credentials
b. Support and assist clients with the Registry, Trainer, Training, Coaching, AK-ECAC, and Professional Development and/or Compensation Funding application process
c. Ensure SEED-approved trainings align with Alaska SEED Core Knowledge and Competencies and Early Learning Guidelines
d. Reviews and ensures higher education transcripts and Alaska SEED Related degrees align with Alaska SEED Core Knowledge and Competencies
2. Implement Trainer and Training and Coaching Registry processes including application, approval processes, policies/procedures, quality assurance and workflow processes
3. Work in a team-based environment to align database systems and information for effective data collection
4. Support the Alaska SEED Director, as well as a diverse group of statewide stakeholders, including the Alaska SEED Steering Committee
5. Provide accurate program data for grant proposals, reports, and stakeholder requests for data reports
6. Assist agency in collecting, analyzing, and reporting professional development trends using Alaska SEED Registry Systems data
7. Present and/or co-present to early childhood and/or school-age programs, conferences, etc. on benefits of Alaska SEED Registry membership, and Trainer & Training and Coaching Approval System
8. Support early childhood education programs in continuous quality improvement including working towards national accreditation standards.
9. Other duties as assigned
1. Associates degree required, BA preferred, in business, database or project management, or related field
2. Previous experience and/or knowledge in Early Childhood and QRIS preferred
3. Prior experience implementing and managing the creation of a database system preferred
4. Prior experience with program development and reporting required
5. Must pass background check; references and valid identification required
1. Passion and commitment to thread’s mission and the importance of early childhood education.
2. Knowledge of early childhood and school-age education programs and services, and community collaboration initiatives
3. Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change.
4. Strong interpersonal skills required.
5. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
6. Strong technical writing skills required
7. Strong customer service skills required
8. Experience developing programs, initiatives and/or systems
9. Experience with the development of policies and procedures
10. Ability to use modern technology to enhance business and customer services
11. Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of educators, parents, staff and members of the community
12. Ability to use database systems and general office programs with comfort and ease including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Zoom, PowerPoint, Salesforce, shared project management tools, and Outlook.
13. Ability to effectively facilitate, support and lead stakeholders to achieve goals.
Schedule and Compensation:
Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, other hours as required
Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
Position Type: Part Time or Full Time, 40 hours/week max
Classification: Non-Exempt, Permanent
Supervisor: SEED Director
Compensation: $21.00 – 26.00/hour
Full Time Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, High-Deductible Health Plan with HSA option (employer contributes $750/year to HSA), Dental, Vision and Life. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision and life. Free thread services.
Data Entry Specialist - Statewide Systems Coordinator