thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education, and supporting early educators through training and consultation.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact and provides administrative support for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and provides administrative support for the Board of Directors and the Management Team which consists of the CEO, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and Chief Marketing and Development Officer (CMDO). This position executes a variety of administrative tasks that supports the operation of the organization. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
1. Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
3. Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; use judgement and make recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
4. Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board and committee meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary and committee leads; maintain Board intranet; and file all pertinent Board documents. Adhere to State and governance compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
5. Support CEO, COO, CFO and CDMO with internal and external communications including preparing and editing correspondence, presentations, reports, board communications, memos and other complex documents as assigned in addition to support with scheduling meetings, logistics and follow up.
6. Support Management Team with special projects as assigned including coordinating all Management Team meetings and events as needed.
7. Manage travel for Management Team.
8. Maintain quality filing and communications systems including, document management, and archiving.
9. Assist in other administrative tasks as needed.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associates required, BA preferred, in education, business administration, policy, social work or related field.
2. Previous experience in administrative role required.
3. Previous non-profit work preferred.
4. References and valid identification required.
5. Must pass background check.
1. Passion and commitment to thread’s mission and the importance of early childhood education
2. Exercise good judgement in a variety of situations.
3. Possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills.
4. Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative.
5. Willingness to learn and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of thread’s structure and mission.
6. Maintain confidentiality.
7. Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change.
8. Strong interpersonal skills.
9. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
10. Strong technical writing skills.
11. Strong customer service skills.
12. Ability to use modern technology to enhance business and customer services.
13. Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of educators, parents, staff and members of the community.
14. Ability to use database systems and general office programs with comfort and ease including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Zoom, PowerPoint, Salesforce, shared project management tools, and Outlook (Microsoft 365).
Schedule and Compensation:
Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, other hours as required
Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste 203 Anchorage, AK 99501
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
Classification: Non-Exempt, Permanent
Compensation: $27.50 – $29.50/hour
Full Time Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, High-Deductible Health Plan with HSA option (employer contributes $750/year to HSA), Dental, Vision and Life. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision and life. Free thread services.
Receptionist/ Admin assistant
Medical Office Front Desk Assistant
Professional Administrative Assistant
Senior Office Assistant