UAT TesterAlabama, Montgomery, 36105 Montgomery USA
Position: UAT Tester and IT Support Duration: 1 year Location: Montgomery, AL (Onsite from day1) Project Description This position will serve as the Alabama Crossroads IT Support and User Acceptance Tester (UAT) for the State Agency Model (SAM) Crossroads Consortium project. The SAM project is a four-state (Alabama, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia) USDA /FNS initiative. It will work closely with the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program on the Crossroads system and ensure the software vendor is providing the desired functionality in the delivered product. A solid work history as well as proven experience in the use of SQL server development tools and assisting WIC program staff with business software planning, guiding and directing good software practices, and ensuring positive software testing results is required. Documents problems and assists in their resolution. Skills Required
- Must understand and interpret software requirements and know the process transformation of business rules into detailed documentation and validate through Crossroads system functionality.
- Must be able to learn current software systems and tools and technologies as they relate to the WIC Crossroads project.
- Must have the ability to understand system requirements and assist with documentation including detailed design and program specifications using the MS Office Suite.
- Works on multiple programs/systems as a project team member.
- Considered a subject matter expert for a single program/system.
- May coach more junior staff.
- Ability to write adhoc queries (complex and simple) using MS SQL Server tools.
- Ability to review and analyze test results to include reviewing data updates to the Database(s)
- Ability to develop software utilities and programs using VB.NET or C#.NET to support the WIC program
- Ability to write complex SQL Server reports for data validation and WIC program use
- Good organization skills and the ability to work on deadlines are a must
- Execute and revise software test plans, procedures and scenarios as needed
- Interpret Graphical User Interface Behavior
- Troubleshoot Crossroads user reported issues and determine solutions for resolving and develop appropriate documentation
- Report issues to vendor as needed
- Communicate well with all levels of staff.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail is essential to this position.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is desirable
- Some knowledge and experience with automated defect tracking and testing tools is desired
- Ability to assist and resolve problems using Software Quality Assurance processes and standards
- Typically has 3 to 5 years of programming/systems analysis and SQL experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work
Senior Functional Tester / Test Manager