Job ID: 2208264Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted: 2022-06-02Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Systems EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: NoMinimum Clearance Required: Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretPotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC is currently seeking to hire a Senior Radar Systems Engineer to work in the STARS Lab in Huntsville, Alabama. Job Description:
- The senior-level candidate is responsible for analyzing radar signal data, issue root cause identification and resolution, algorithm development, and presentation of results for technical briefings to leadership; The candidate should be a self-starter and be able to operate with minimal supervision.
- SAIC's Systems Engineer will be responsible for u nderstanding radar signal and data processing, root cause analysis of strategic radar systems and interoperability, and by using MATLAB and LINUX knowledge and experience will consistently generate presentation of results.
- Bachelors degree with nine (9) years of experience; four (4) additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must have an active Interim Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Secret Clearance; must be US Citizen
- Understanding of radar signal and data processing
- Ability to develop algorithms
- Experience with root cause analysis of strategic radar systems and interoperability
- LINUX knowledge and experience
- MATLAB knowledge and experience
- Ability to generate clear, concise, and intuitive presentation of results
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and reporting practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- PERL script knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with X-band radars
- Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) pre- and post-test analysis activities and procedures