Job ID: 2114583Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted: 2021-12-07Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Electrical EngrSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC is seeking an RADAR Engineer with experience in executing programs associated with laboratory and field measurements of foreign RF missile systems.
- Projects and activities include- Foreign materiel exploitation, laboratory testing of threat systems or system components, operational field testing of threat systems or system components, automated data acquisition with laboratory instruments and data acquisition systems, data reduction and analysis, and laboratory design, development and operation.
- Participate in the design and analysis of passive and active RF components such as transmission lines, antennas, filters, buffers and matching circuits.
- Calculate RF path losses/gains and space losses, convert RF units of measure, and troubleshoot and repair in-field test environments.
- U.S. citizen and must possess Secret and be able to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with SCI and be able to pass a counter-intelligence (CI) polygraph within 2 years of hire date.
- 10% Travel
- BS in Electrical Engineering or other related scientific fields with 9+ years' experience required. Preferably with classes in radar, antenna, communications systems and electromagnetics.
- Preferred MS in Electrical Engineering or other related scientific fields with 13 years' experience. Preferably with classes in advanced radar, RF signal processing, microwave theory, microwave engineering, antennas, receiver design and applied electromagnetics.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to set up, calibrate, document, and verify proper operation of a wide range of complicated and/or specialized RF test setups.
- Familiarization with Radar Cross Section (RCS) signature and antenna pattern characterization measurements is required.
- Experience with Network Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Power meters, 40 Ghz RF generators is a must.
- Additional requirements include experience with system, subsystem, and component open-loop, closed-loop, direct-inject, and open air measurements.