Job ID: 2112140Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted: 2022-04-29Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Civil EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretPotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC is searching for candidates to join a team supporting the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Real Property and Military Construction Directorate (MSR) in Huntsville, Alabama. The mission of MDA/MSR is to site, acquire, oversee design and construction of, operate, and maintain real property in support of the global MDA mission. The successful candidate has the responsibility to integrate various facility engineering, scheduling, construction, and start-up aspects of MDA military construction projects supporting the deployment of the United States Missile Defense System. Responsibilities
- Support the development of structural/civil engineering requirements
- Participate in facility construction surveillance and oversight
- Participate in design reviews (35%, 65%, 95% and 100% back check) and provide comments
- Review and assessment of construction project shop drawings, especially structural, and provide comments
- Prepare response to requests for information and construction submittal reviews
- Review and analyze design and construction schedules
- Participate in project planning and design scoping sessions/charrettes
- Execute oversight of design and construction contractor engineering efforts
- Participate in facility assessments and master planning reviews
- Support MSR Government leadership in synchronizing and executing military construction support activities.
- Support MSR leadership and stakeholder coordination through the participation in Working Groups and Integrated Product Teams.
- Maintaining of multiple project files and databases as assigned
- Assist in decision documentation preparation such as briefings and supporting materials (white papers, fact sheets, status reports, progress reports, and information papers) that support facilities life-cycle requirements.
- Coordinate with onsite representatives to execute design and construction requirements
- This position requires a BS in civil/structural and engineering (5) five years experience. Structural engineering experience is required
- Proven technical writing and presentation development capability is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) is required
- Clearance Required: DOD Interim Secret - must be able to obtain full Secret.
- Knowledge of MDA policies, plans, processes, procedures as related to construction execution practices is desired
- PE in civil/structural is desired
- Maters' Degree / Professional Engineer (PE) license in Civil/Structural Engineering