SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Position Title: Senior Systems Administrator Work Location: Huntsville, AL Job Summary: The Senior Systems Administrator must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix or Windows networks/systems. Must be capable of managing the servers, which typically involves installing and upgrading the servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems. Must provide the essential software support for the laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software, and designing the structure of the network. Must be capable of monitoring the system configuration, including the server event log. Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software, and the computer hardware. Must be capable of monitoring and developing the procedures for backups of the servers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Provide Database Administration and support
- Maintain the integrity of the data and the efficiency
- Maintain the efficiency and performance of the systems
- Analyze, test, troubleshoot, patch, and update and install software/hardware
- Resolve application errors and software bugs
- Identify root causes and recommend mitigation strategies and or resolution actions.
- Provide enhancements via Request for Change (RFC) and other change vehicles (e.g., Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA))
- Implement application patches and assist with the identification/classification of RFCs and modifications to existing software applications for efficiencies in security, maintainability, supportability, and portability
- Implement software maintenance activities IAW the CECOM SEC customer Change Advisory Board (CAB) process.
- Shall provide software and hardware infrastructure services
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting an integrated IT environment to deliver tools, applications, capabilities, and reusable services for the CECOM SEC customer
- Shall support the continued consolidation and improvement of the CECOM SEC customer IT infrastructure into a coherent, virtualized environment
- Shall conduct server replacement and data migration from one server to another.
- Support the transformation of the current CECOM SEC customer services from their current hardware and software configurations to the modernized system environments. The contractor shall consolidate and integrate existing applications and their data and migrate them to the new environment
- Shall remotely support the primary hosting facility, located in Radford, VA, to operate, maintain, upgrade and support computer hardware/software within the system development, test, and production portfolio; and the system Continuity of Operations (COOP) systems. Will locally support the demonstration/training systems to be located at the facilities.
- The Candidate shall be responsible for local desktop, printer, computer peripheral (e.g. storage), Video Telephonic Conferencing (VTC), network support and system administration for all personnel proposed under this contract, Government staff located with the Contractor. IAW AR 25-2, the Candidate shall maintain appropriate Army certifications required to administer systems connected to the Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet). Activities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining Army Gold Master secure desktops
- Working with the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) as required to maintain Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet)
- Managing a commercial LAN and internet services along with wireless LAN
- Providing rapid response and troubleshooting of system and/or network platforms when issues arise.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum years of Relevant Experience 5+ years within the last 8 years.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
- Must possess and maintain an IT-I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and IAT-II/IAM-II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Experience with following a mature DoD System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) within a program with extensive documentation deliverables.
- Server + or MS certification
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals